Fri, May 6, 2022
This Week in Python is a concise reading list about what happened in the past week in the Python universe.
- Modern Python performance considerations – A deep dive into the Python interpreter’s internals
- When Python can’t thread: a deep-dive into the GIL’s impact – Analyzing the GIL of Python in depth
- We fixed f-string typos in 69 Python repos – We found that 10% of the 666 most popular Python open source GitHub repositories had f-string typo bugs
- Code Quality Tools in Python
- MicroPython in Docker Containers – You know how to run MicroPython on hardware, but what if you don’t have a microcontroller lying around? That’s where Docker comes in!
- pyscript – Run Python in the browser
- django-readers – function-oriented toolkit for better organisation of business logic and efficient selection and projection of data in Django projects
- datasette-lite – Datasette running in your browser using WebAssembly and Pyodide
- slipcover – Near Zero-Overhead Python Code Coverage